Thursday, January 6, 2011

New year, New focus

Ok, Ok.  I get it.  Haven't updated my blog in a while.  Well, that is about to change.  I have shifted focus this year.  I found that undating a blog AND podcasting were just too much.  This year, I want to be a little more introspective and focus on my fitness.

Notice I did not say "weight loss" but "fitness".  While these two are, of course, linked, they are not one and the same.  "Weight loss" deals only with the scale while "fitness" deals with the whole body.  Body fat, Muscle content, food choices, etc. 

I will, of course, be trying to shed a few more pounds this year.  Goal is another 20 pounds.  I will probably drop more than this in fat, but will gain some back in muscle.

Weighed in last Sunday (Jan 2) at 176.6.  This is a little higher than I have had previously.  I stagnated, then increased me eating to boost my metabolism back up.  I will explain that in another post if I have not previously done so. 

Now that I have upped calories for a while, time to cut them back again. 

I am going to try to blog every few days, if not every day and will be open and honest about what I eat and how it affects me.  I try to make good choices, but sometimes, old habits come back.  I need your help to kick those demons to the curb. 

Along with frequent food updates, I will give a weekliy training update since this plays into my health as well.

Thanks for reading today.  Check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment